Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone have MILEWISE from ALLSTATE (connected to their on-board diagnostic port)

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  qcmike 
#1 ·
Does anyone have MILEWISE from ALLSTATE connected to their on-board diagnostic port

This is to charge insurance by the mile .

Connecting to a Honda 2018 cr-v

Please your experience

#2 ·
No, but I briefly had a mileage thing from Progressive on my car. I got tired of it sitting on there and possibly draining the battery, so I removed it.

AAA has an app that you can use to potentially lower insurance rates, but like the Progressive, I really don't want AAA seeing my driving habits, nor the amount of mileage I travel. When I am traveling out west, it is not uncommon to be doing 80-90 MPH keeping up with traffic on the Interstate (with a posted 80 MPH limit); AAA would consider that reckless driving.

I just consider it snooping, in other words...

Reactions: crv383
#3 ·
No, but I briefly had a mileage thing from Progressive on my car. I got tired of it sitting on there and possibly draining the battery, so I removed it.

AAA has an app that you can use to potentially lower insurance rates, but like the Progressive, I really don't want AAA seeing my driving habits, nor the amount of mileage I travel. When I am traveling out west, it is not uncommon to be doing 80-90 MPH keeping up with traffic on the Interstate (with a posted 80 MPH limit); AAA would consider that reckless driving.

I just consider it snooping, in other words...
Exactly.......or any other insurance co/entity spying on me. That old saying......one ah sh_t wipes out 10,000 at-a-boys. One 90mph spurt will wipe out 10,000 5mph below the speed limit spurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.