Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering one in the future if the heater and dilution issues are resolved. Besides the well known problems, has anyone had a good experience with their CR-V?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Love?

Love is too strong of a word. It's a CUV. Not like it's a sport car or something. I love my 2001 BMW and will still take that car for a drive over the CRV. While the CRV doesn't suck, but I hate the ECO mode with the 1.5L (acceleration is lethargic) and now with the oil-gas dilution problem, I don't know if I have begun to hate it.

No, I don't love my CRV.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I think that our CRV is awesome and I want it to be my last vehicle. I don’t like being haunted by the thought of oil dilution. I have 25,000 miles on our CRV, and haven’t seen and oil issues yet. But I live in Minnesota, 30 below 0 in the winter. I don’t know if keeping my tech meter below 2000 rpm when the engine is cold is helping or not, not accessing the turbo range when the engine is cold, waiting for the engine to come up to temp?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think that our CRV is awesome and I want it to be my last vehicle. I don’t like being haunted by the thought of oil dilution. I have 25,000 miles on our CRV, and haven’t seen and oil issues yet. But I live in Minnesota, 30 below 0 in the winter. I don’t know if keeping my tech meter below 2000 rpm when the engine is cold is helping or not, not accessing the turbo range when the engine is cold, waiting for the engine to come up to temp?
What did you do to check for your oil issues? Do you change oil yourself? Just curious.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My wife loves her 18. 7100 miles currently on the factory fill oil. Will be changing it soon. Not much oil rise due to fuel dilution issue. In a few months I’ve heard their coming out with a fix. 100K warranty keep on trucking.

·
Registered
404 Posts
love ours, wifeee loves the girlie look, even has the pink license plate frame with bling bling.... "I hate that thing" makes me want to hide when I'm driving. Good thing the wheels sort of compensate for it.

CRV is quite popular now in my area, Long Beach, new ones are popping up everywhere. People seem to prefer the black and gray ones. I personally think the White Diamond Pearl is the best. Confirm it every time I see one.

no issue with eco mode or anything that others complain about. Millage is just great. This is an SUV after all, geared towards economy and practicality. Not a BMW sports car...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I can see why the OP would ask this question!
In NA Honda has probably sold 500,000 CRV's but all you ever hear about is the same 30 or so people on this forum that have an oil issue. And if you don't have the problem they say oh just wait it's coming for you. We had thousands of owners that went through last winter without an oil issue and that was a super cold winter! Many people have left the forum due to the constant negative banging by the same few people and that's the reason why we have so few people who point out all the great things with the vehicle. I for one have not had any problems. This SUV is super peppy, it's interior is better than any I have seen in this price range and it drives great. It also looks good from the outside and is well constructed. No problems, no regrets. It's number one in its class for a reason!

Rob

·
Registered
353 Posts
A Cute Sport Utility (I call it) and while its not my favorite to drive, I do like it a lot.

It's mostly a run about for my wife, but I use it for longer trips when our 1/2 ton SUV is not needed. But I do find myself using it more than expected for commuting given the awesome adaptive cruise control (ACC) and fantastic MPG's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've owned a 17' Civic 1.5 liter for 6 months. It does have a rising level on the dipstick. I was anxious about it at first but I'm better now after doing research. I'll change my oil more often since I do short trips. I live in Michigan so it'd be nice to have AWD. Fantastic handling and braking on the Civic, I hope with the CRV it would be the same. Have yet to test drive one. My wife really thinks the CRV would be a good idea, because of the extra space. She likes the molten lava, I'm ok with it....I think it would grow on me. We both like steel metallic. I would wait for the 2019 if I get one.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Never mind, I see how useless this thread is. If I went to the BMW forum and asked the same question, I would get all the yay. Same with Hyundai forums, Ford forums etc.

What's the point?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Never mind, I see how useless this thread is. If I went to the BMW forum and asked the same question, I would get all the yay. Same with Hyundai forums, Ford forums etc.

What's the point?
And I see why so many threads are abnormally closed early on this forum. What's YOUR point?

Hate somewhere else.

·
Registered
516 Posts
And I see why so many threads are abnormally closed early on this forum. What's YOUR point?

Hate somewhere else.
Hate? Ha, I don't think so. I don't hate the CRV. I think it is a fine car, but who doesn't love a new car, any car? I would love a Focus too if it was new. But if you have driven other better cars, I wouldn't profess to "love" the CRV. Nothing special about it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I really like my CRV. I wasn't expecting it to have the best features on the market or to be a high performance vehicle. For me, it's a comfortable, reliable, economy vehicle that is nicely equipped for the price. I would definitely buy it again.

I get a laugh over people complaining that it doesn't have features generally found on $60K vehicles. But then again, those knuckleheads are a continuing source of entertainment.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts