Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inching my CRV toward my wife's Prius, in our tandem driveway. I expected the CMBS to beep at me and stop me from making contact with her rear bumper, but it did nto make a peep (I stopped and saw there was about 4 inches between the cars). In her Prius (2017), it will beep and stop the car from making contact (full braking at about 6 inches), so I expected the same on the Honda. Does anyone know if there is a speed cutoff, where the system will not engage? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The speed difference between you and the object must be 3mph, and I don't think it works at ranges that short. It's meant to keep you from hitting things at speed; it's not a parking-assist system. I don't think it even has inch-level precision.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! And sirwired may have hit the nail on the head. My wife's Prius has Parking Assist, so that may be why it works at parking speeds, though it does use the same "BRAKE" display message.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the automatic braking engage for me for the first time about a week ago. I was in stop and go rush-hour traffic, and I accelerated a little too much while the car in front of me hit the brakes more quickly than expected, and the automatic brake system engaged before I could get my foot on the brake pedal. I would not have hit the car in front of me as I was about to apply the brakes myself, but it was very nice to see the system works. Couldn’t have been going more than 5 or so mph and car might have been 10 feet in front of me. Also, I think there is a setting where you can change the sensitivity of the system.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was inching my CRV toward my wife's Prius, in our tandem driveway. I expected the CMBS to beep at me and stop me from making contact with her rear bumper, but it did nto make a peep (I stopped and saw there was about 4 inches between the cars). In her Prius (2017), it will beep and stop the car from making contact (full braking at about 6 inches), so I expected the same on the Honda. Does anyone know if there is a speed cutoff, where the system will not engage? Thanks!
The system starts monitoring the roadway ahead when your vehicle speed is about
3 mph (5 km/h) and there is a vehicle in front of you.

i

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has never worked, all it does is flash BRAKE on the dashboard and Beep 2 or 3 times and it only does that when it seems to feel like it! There is no way I would see if it would apply the brakes since there is only 10 to 12 feet max from my vehicle to the one in front of me when it flashes BRAKE and beeps and I have never felt any braking. I have also set the 3 different distances, Long, Normal or Short and that hasn't made any difference and I have never felt any brakes being applied! Now in the ACC mode it always brakes the way it should, all the way to a dead stop.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine has never worked, all it does is flash BRAKE on the dashboard and Beep 2 or 3 times and it only does that when it seems to feel like it! There is no way I would see if it would apply the brakes since there is only 10 to 12 feet max from my vehicle to the one in front of me when it flashes BRAKE and beeps and I have never felt any braking. I have also set the 3 different distances, Long, Normal or Short and that hasn't made any difference and I have never felt any brakes being applied! Now in the ACC mode it always brakes the way it should, all the way to a dead stop.
Most people brake as soon as they hear the beep- if you just left it than the car would brake and stop( I am too afraid to test that) - also there is more pressure in brake system so even if you lightly tap it applies more pressure to stop the vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts