Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealer yesterday, I was interested in a 2WD CR-V. Salesman told me Honda will not ship such cars to the northeast US as no one wants them due to the bad weather here. Also said he could not order such a car since Honda would not even ship a car that had been configured for a ready, willing and able buyer.

I live in Pennsylvania and, while we have snow, it's certainly driveable with a 2WD vehicle. Was the salesman correct or was he trying to give me a con job. Maybe he didn't have any 2WD in stock.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I would say it be tougher to get than in warmer states but I have seen them in my area and I'm in the northeast. But for the most part, the dealer's lot by me has only AWD at the moment.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was told by a salesperson that you have to go below the Mason-Dixon line to find a FWD model, as few in the Northeast want them. He said the northernmost point is Virginia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told by a salesperson that you have to go below the Mason-Dixon line to find a FWD model, as few in the Northeast want them. He said the northernmost point is Virginia.
I ran into a similar issue last year when I bought my wife's CR-V. We didn't really care one way or the other but there were no 2WD cars anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lived for many years way above Virgina in snow belt country.

Never had AWD vehicle. IMHO what is more important is winter tires.

Perhaps Honda's way to sway what models they want to sell in different regions.

Accord and Camry are two of best selling cars years in and out in all regions... 2wd!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts