Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some really good discussions on here about getting a good price on a HondaCare Warranty, but.

Has anybody had an opportunity to use their HondaCare warranty that they purchased on another car? If so, how did it go?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had HondaCare with my 2008 Acura TL Type-S. It gets registered with the car and when you bring it in for service they know. Its like your 3yr/36k warranty just extended.

Mine came in super handy when a Brembo brake caliper needed to be replaced due to seized bolts. That pretty much covered the break even cost. Add in replaced engine mounts($600) and replacement HFL Bluetooth module($650) and it was money well spent.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had HondaCare with my 2008 Acura TL Type-S. It gets registered with the car and when you bring it in for service they know. Its like your 3yr/36k warranty just extended.

Mine came in super handy when a Brembo brake caliper needed to be replaced due to seized bolts. That pretty much covered the break even cost. Add in replaced engine mounts($600) and replacement HFL Bluetooth module($650) and it was money well spent.
Engine mounts? Aren't those normal wear items that are not covered by warranty? I was replacing engine mounts all the time on my wife's old 2001 Odyssey at several hundred bux a pop. I wish I had HondaCare on that old problematic minivan. At least Honda replaced the transmission at 108K miles under a "good faith" something-or-other clause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts