Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,498 Posts
Those are called blow-torches 👌
Well for Americans.. that "blows" :ROFLMAO: using two words when one can get the message across. See what I did there? :p

Heh, though we make fun of English use of terms in England, and even spelling, fact is... American English is equally odd and vague sometimes... just in different ways. Just ask any person from another country trying to learn American English, particularly our common use of idioms ... which seem to really make language learners struggle sometimes. :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,498 Posts
Well, we are way off topic now, but I think we have determined that there is no height difference between CRVs in gen5.. so why not take a segway on English as a language :D

The English created the language, and we screwed it up.
The English language has an interesting history to it, and it's roots are German and French (sorry TDK :p ).

English developed over the course of more than 1,400 years. The earliest forms of English, a group of West Germanic dialects brought to Great Britain by Anglo-Saxon settlers in the 5th century, are collectively called Old English. Middle English began in the late 11th century with the Norman (French, sorry TDK :p ) conquest of England; this was a period in which English was influenced by Old French, in particular through its Old Norman dialect. Early Modern English began in the late 15th century with the introduction of the printing press to London, and the start of the Great Vowel Shift.

And the Scots and the Irish apparently never got the "memo" on new English during the imperial era. :p

So really, the only claim England has on English is from it's days as an imperial world power that insisted on converting all things foreign to English branding.... though "new English" was in fact via the destruction and usurping of "old English".

As for southern dialect in the US.. the root of that is actually new English salted with Celtic idiom and traditions, as those of Celtic descent tended to settle in southern US in the early days of the nation.

By the way, even in England.. they apparently have Northern English dialects and Southern English dialects too. Probably a whole lot of smaller offshoot dialects as well. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just traded in my ‘18 CR-V Touring for ‘21 Hybrid Touring last night. When I pulled into my garage it dawned on me that it sits lower than my ‘18. Looking up the dimensions and I’m not really seeing any difference (including wheel/tire size). Is the Hybrid smaller than the non-hybrid?
Um...adjust your seat?

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,194 Posts
I think the question has been answered, closing.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.