Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning to replace the catalytic converter heat shield soon to get rid of a rattle that's developed. Already have all the parts, just looking for a free weekend.

Just wondering, does the O2 sensor need to be removed in order to get the old heat shield off? Or is there a way to easily unplug the O2 sensor and fit the plug through the hole in the heat shield?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of the heat shield. Am I correct in thinking that it won't come off without the O2 sensor being removed?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think you could unplug the sensor and pull the connector through. ( just a guess )
Hopefully.

If not, I might just cut a small slit in the heat shield in order to replace it without having to deal with removing the O2 sensor. I'd rather not mess with the sensor if possible.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
When you replace that O2 sensor, you have to unplug it and the connector is way smaller than that hole. Not difficult. Unplug the sensor, remove the shield , install the new shield, reconnect the sensor.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you replace that O2 sensor, you have to unplug it and the connector is way smaller than that hole. Not difficult. Unplug the sensor, remove the shield , install the new shield, reconnect the sensor.
Buffalo4
Awesome. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Buffalo4
That's some good info right there. I'm definitely not going to forget that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts