Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
If the tire is pulled off the wheel to apply a proper internal patch.. yes.. it needs to be rebalanced.

If you patched by applying a puncture kit repair, rebalance is not required... HOWEVER.. these sorts of repairs are recommended as only temporary until you get to a proper tire service shop to have a proper permanent patch applied... and that brings you back to line one of my posted comment here.

I only do tire business with America's Tire now days. They do free tire repairs and rebalance... even if you have literally never done business with them before. (I think Americas Tire and Discount Tire are two arms of the same company).

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had a plug done two weeks ago and did need to have the wheel(s) rebalanced after. They still don't ride great at 70-80 mph. I think one or more is slightly out of round or something. I have 63k on the OEM tires and frankly they were never great. I am hoping for them to run out of tread soon so I can upgrade. I of course could do that anytime, but don't want to waste money when there is tread left.

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got them rebalanced today but I think I might have lost a weight on highway cause I heard something kick up , could have been road debris or rock so not sure. Anyways after reaching home I saw the new stick on weights but I also saw black glue residue on some areas — not sure if they were from the previously balanced weights. Does the position and amount of stick on weights change as the tires wear?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got them rebalanced today but I think I might have lost a weight on highway cause I heard something kick up , could have been road debris or rock so not sure. Anyways after reaching home I saw the new stick on weights but I also saw black glue residue on some areas — not sure if they were from the previously balanced weights. Does the position and amount of stick on weights change as the tires wear?
They take off the old weights and redo them when they balance. Mine was the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They take off the old weights and redo them when they balance. Mine was the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ok thanks, by the way is it normal to have the following # weights (not sure of how much weight they are but I am guessing 1/4oz, will take a closer look morrow) Why would it vary so much?

# of stuck on weights—
-Front tires (they were rear tires before rotation) : 3 and 8

-rear tires: 8 and 1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts