Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Does your 3rd Gen ride harsh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to see if there is any difference in the ride comfort of North American made CRV 07-10 vs. Japan built. If you are not sure where your vehicle is built, look at the VIN - if it starts with "J" then its Japanese. This is a legitimate question since there are differences in the parts used here and overseas. The 2 assemblies are not 100% equal.

By "harsh" ride I dont mean simply a firm ride which many of us prefer. I am also not talking about road noise. "Harsh" means you are feeling slight road irregularities WAY more than you'd expect. It means you find the car bucking on uneven road surfaces so that you are forced to hold onto the passenger grips and muttering "WTF". It means you find the ride irritating on washboard because your body is being constantly jostled around the cabin.

Thanks for everyone's input. I look forward to the results.

NOTE: Mexican assembly is considered U.S. as parts are equal - lets call it North America. If your car is built somewhere else (ie UK) please use OTHER.

·
Registered
716 Posts
when i first got my 07 (NA built), i did find it a little bit of the hard/firm side.
most hondas are like this as far as i know.

for my own crv, i find the road noise a bit high. i believe it's due to the crappy bridgestones that came with the car.
harsh ride? when i compare to other brands or car/model - i would say yes.
but... i'm used to the car now so i dont really have a problem with it.

only thing i dont like is when i go over a pothole, the rear feels like it will dance a bit. i believe this is due to the (independent) suspension. my other cars that have a beam axle type of suspension dont do this dance when i go over potholes. by dance, i mean the rear end of the car feels like it's fish-tailing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i first got my 07 (NA built), i did find it a little bit of the hard/firm side.
most hondas are like this as far as i know.
Right, please read my first post. We know Hondas have a firm ride by most standards. Firm is not the same as harsh. With a firm ride you shouldn't get the feeling the car is beating the hell out of you. Interesting most NA built owners can't grasp this difference. Believe me if you have a harsh riding V you KNOW the difference.

for my own crv, i find the road noise a bit high. i believe it's due to the crappy bridgestones that came with the car.
harsh ride? when i compare to other brands or car/model - i would say yes.
but... i'm used to the car now so i dont really have a problem with it.
Again please read top post... I don't want to bring road noise into the discussion. My feeling is harsh ride or not, road noise is the same as it is more tire related.

only thing i dont like is when i go over a pothole, the rear feels like it will dance a bit. i believe this is due to the (independent) suspension. my other cars that have a beam axle type of suspension dont do this dance when i go over potholes. by dance, i mean the rear end of the car feels like it's fish-tailing.
OK, haven't heard of this one before. Perhaps the VSA is not enabled?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.