Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed this on my 2018, every time I fill up the gas tank all the way, the fuel gauge bar does not go all the way on the bar to show the tank is 100% full. The marker line stays one bar below the entire gauge all the time. It goes past the “F” mark but the digital marker leaves one bar unlit.
Is this normal?

·
Registered
653 Posts
sorry, never pay attention. after i fillup the dash usually says about 410-425 miles to go on tank.
I'm the type to look at a gas gauge to determine how empty it is (rather than how full). With this vehicle, I rarely look at the gauge at all -- just at the displayed miles left.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Dayum! How do you folks see 400+ mile range.:jawdrop: I don't think I've ever seen more than +/-320 mile range after a fill-up and re-set.:confused2:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Have you been manually tracking your fuel mileage?
What kind of mileage are you getting?

When I'm driving around town I get low 20s, when I'm on the highway at 70 mph I get about 30 mpg, and my best ever was 39.7 mpg on a freeway trip where I kept my speed at or below 65 mph.

15.3 gallons at 20 mpg = 306 miles
15.3 gallons at 30 mpg = 459 miles
15.3 gallons at 39.7 mpg = 607 miles

So how fast do you drive? :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
How do you put 15.3 gals in a 14 gal tank?:confused2:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
How do you put 15.3 gals in a 14 gal tank?:confused2:
Ask the Owl! He knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop:beb:
My second Guess is that his Tank is made with TARDIS tech. Bigger on the inside:)

Rob

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Dayum! How do you folks see 400+ mile range.:jawdrop: I don't think I've ever seen more than +/-320 mile range after a fill-up and re-set.:confused2:
Same here, the most I ever see is about 540Km which is 335 Miles.

Rob

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
OP
Read your post last night and went to get gas today.
I watched the gauge while they pumped it at costco (nj)
When it ‘stopped’ pumping it was right below the f,
Then i went from accessory mode to start the car and was over the F

So maybe its just a delay

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That must be the difference.......I drive 1%/99% highway/city, seldom see 40 mph and when I do see 40, it's not for very long..

·
Registered
24 Posts
When filled up until the pump stops (no top up after), I get one tick above the full readout.

FWIW, I find that cruise control seems to get me much better mileage than when I control the pedals. I try to use it as much as possible.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,265 Posts
i think it is based on recent driving habits. labor day wkend we took a 5 hr drive north and back, haven't driven much city driving since. I wonder if it also uses what is stored in memory. I only reset "B" upon refill.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I show 427 mile range after filling up (no top off). As far as the level on the display, it shows just under full until I drive 3 or 4 miles, then shows above full.

Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer Gauge

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.