Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new 2007 CRV LX Glacier Blue with leather seats. My wife is concerned that our dog could damage the leather seats with her nails? She is used to riding with us and when tired will go to the back seat to sleep. Do you think it is necessary to cover all seating with a blanket etc? AL and Mary

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
blaze8371 said:
We have a new 2007 CRV LX Glacier Blue with leather seats. My wife is concerned that our dog could damage the leather seats with her nails? She is used to riding with us and when tired will go to the back seat to sleep. Do you think it is necessary to cover all seating with a blanket etc? AL and Mary
ABSOLUTELY. The claws will scratch it in no time at all.

Get a dog barrier and put the dog in the back. Dogs are a big safety hazard to a driver.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the leather is cleaned & treated properly, it should be (relatively) OK. But I would stil throw down a towel or blanket of something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Play it safe. Get a dog cover/blanket.

If I let my two Jack Russell Terriers loose in the car they would try to tie me down and drive the car themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doggie car seat is the answer for small dogs

When I decided to purchase my new CR-V, I looked on-line for ideas on how to protect my seats from my dog since he loves riding in the car. I found a doggie car seat on amazon called Travelin' Dog car seat. My dachshund was a little hesitant at first since he is harnessed in, but he loves it because he can now sit up high and look out the window. I then purchased a baby car seat mat so the car seat would not dig into the seat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
oh my gosh jess911!!!! your dachsie is soooooo cute!!!! i have two myself and I will definitely post up pics when i get my V and take the girls out for a drive- THEY LOOOOOOVE CAR RIDES!! that car seat is toooooo cute and a great idea for them to be able to see out the window without scratching the door panel too badly.....

& Blaze- DEFINITELY always put down a blanket cause if your dog sheds at all they'll shed on the blanket and not on the seats.... keep the seats nice and safe too (better to be safe than sorry-just in case they do scratch up the leather) and easy clean up of hair- remove blanket and shake it out!!! :eek:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. Slider loves going for rides in the car so I had to do something. My old SUV (Ford Explorer) had a center console that he use to lean up on so he could see where we were going. This allows him to see out the window and be harnessed in. As long as he is in the harness he cannot reach the window with his paws so the doors will not get scratched either. It was well worth the money. I want to get a choc/tan doxie so they'll have to share the seat. Good thing Slider is a mini.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is no way my JRT's would sit still like that in the car.

On a good note. I no longer need te pet barrier. They know now that the back is there spot while in the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a good thing for still cameras. My doxie was all over the car seat the first time. He has the energy of a JRT. He twisted himself up in the restraints at first because he wasn't sure what was going on, but the more he rides in it the better he gets. He would go nuts if I put him in the back. He has to be right there with me otherwise he thinks he's going to miss out on something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a good thing for still cameras. My doxie was all over the car seat the first time. He has the energy of a JRT. He twisted himself up in the restraints at first because he wasn't sure what was going on, but the more he rides in it the better he gets. He would go nuts if I put him in the back. He has to be right there with me otherwise he thinks he's going to miss out on something.

When you put your dog in the front seat ...... do you turn off the air bag ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Works for small dogs

I have 2 small dogs and I purchased these "outward hound" car seats that keep them off the leather, off my lap and restrained during travel. They can look out the window without getting nose marks all over the glass.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That is cool! Too bad more people with small dogs don't use a product like that instead of allowing the dog on their lap while they drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts