Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2007 CR V used back in 2011. The door locks have taken turns not working (locking). First the driver side did not lock, all others locked. After 4 months it switched, the driver side locked but the rear passenger would not. Then a few months later the other rear would not lock...finally, the front passenger actuator gave up. All other doors locked.

I could see the inside lock, lock and slowly open. I couldn't leave anything of value for fear of theft.

Finally again, in December 2015, the rear passenger actuator failed for the second time.

At this point I had it replaced, cost was almost $200 for part only. Great, it worked (locked) until just recently and it is back to grinding it's gear and not locking.

Can't do warranty as I had the work done at a high school. Teacher and grade 12 students very highly competent.

I shouldn't have to go through this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have a recall from Honda Canada, but they said too many kms?? What does that have to do with door locks, it's not a motor or other engine component...??

Sorry for the rant and ramble, this is my first post.

I do love my CR-V

In 5 years I've really only had to replace Power Steering Pump and a Battery.

I bought it with 120,000 and am now just over 350,000

I hope to keep her to 500,000 kms

The longest I've gone so far was a 1988 Jeep Cherokee, 440,000, then dead.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could do to get my actuator fixed and working for a longer period of time??

Appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is a recall on the door actuators. May be worth a trip to the dealer to see if you are covered and if you can get reimbursed for past repairs

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealers in Ohio would not honor the recall.

Replacement latches are about $70 on amazon. There are $85 at the Honda parts window.

I think these replacement latches are a newer version of these latches / activators out there.

It's a DIY job - there are a few good videos on youtube. If not then perhaps a local mech will help you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 CRV EX-L. I have had the door actuator fixed twice. Once at Honda World in Downey under the Honda recall then again at Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos in October 2015. Now for the 3rd time the actuator switch is not working properly. It keeps unlocking the left rear door...exactly the same door it unlocked both #! & #2 fixes. Norm Reeves quoted me $375 to fix it as it is no longer under warranty/recall Honda to fix. AND they said because it is a different problem?? How is it different? It's the same door, the same lock that was fixed twice before. Any suggestions? I don't know where to go to complain. I wouldn't be happy if it were a different door that wouldn't lock but it is exactly the same door and exactly the same problem. When I come up to a stop it unlocks and as I start driving again it locks...slow down it unlocks...it is a constant. I feel that Honda should pay to fix it and make sure they continue to pay to fix it....until they fix it properly. This has nothing to do with mileage on the vehicle (94,000) it has something to do with a faulty switch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 2007 CRV EX

I agree that Honda should pay for each faulty actuator. Honda replace the driver's side a couple of weeks ago when the air bags were replaced. I was told by the service department that eventually I would be out $400.00 for each of the three when they fail. Apparently Honda doesn't care to pass the cost on to the customer for their screw up. Makes us all crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts