Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know of any other door edge guard options that would look nice and be color matched? Jeremy with College Hills Honda Parts talked me out of ordering them. When I looked at the installation instructions, I can see why. Not really wanting to cut the seam sealant on the doors and paint where you removed seam sealer on my new CR-V.

https://www.hondapartworld.com/image/data/2017%20CR-V/08P20-TLA-XXX.PDF

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out XPEL Door Edge Guards. They are available from Amazon in several different widths and lengths. I would recommend the 100' length so you have plenty of extra for trial and error. The 1/2" width is easier to work with but the 3/8" might look better. I've had them on my last 3 Corvettes and have been 100% satisfied with the product. This stuff is also available in sizes to protect the door sills.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, those instructions are crazy. In this era of clear vinyl protectors for everything I would go that route, just as ArrestMeRed suggested.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why would anyone need door edge guards? Just be carful opening your doors. No protection at all from other careless drivers or passengers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts