Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you recommend an alternative?... Seeing on Amazon the Door edge protection film that is a lot cheaper..

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
131 Posts
Installation is key. There are grooves in door edge that need to be filled by the trim. Average mechanic will not do install correctly. Use rubber mallet and steady strike to drive edge into those grooves. Mine , on drivers side have fallen off twice. fixed now. color does match, you might want to look at the silicon edge available at auto shops. Overall a single rubber bumper at high edge of exeterior door curve might do a better job of protection. I had the metal installed. If I did it again I would prefer the simple look of the rubber bumper because all I need is wall protection.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Installation is key. There are grooves in door edge that need to be filled by the trim. Average mechanic will not do install correctly. Use rubber mallet and steady strike to drive edge into those grooves. Mine , on drivers side have fallen off twice. fixed now. color does match, you might want to look at the silicon edge available at auto shops. Overall a single rubber bumper at high edge of exeterior door curve might do a better job of protection. I had the metal installed. If I did it again I would prefer the simple look of the rubber bumper because all I need is wall protection.
Yeah I installed them myself. They haven't come off yet. It really sucks having to trim off part of the inner door lining, but it's nbd. I bought them to cover up where a passenger opened their door too quickly.

Really nice having color match.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,025 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts