Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a door keypad available for the 2013 CR-V? I have this crazy fear of locking my keys up in the vehicle, i just know one of these days I will do that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello - I would be very interested in this option too. I traded my explorer for the 2014 CR-V, and I really miss the option of leaving the keys in the car so I don't have to carry them with me everywhere. If anyone has tried any after market options that are available, I would like to get any feedback you have on them. Thanks so much -

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi - Just bumping this topic up in the list, hoping someone has some ideas or experience with adding this option.

This is a great feature that Ford has, and I would love to figure out if something similar to it can be installed on the CRV. I cannot overstate the convenience of leaving the keys hidden in the car, and using a code to unlock the door.
Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Smart key is a better option than a door keypad.. Some newer Honda models have this option. Maybe it can be modded to your CRV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks for that suggestion. however, if I understand the Smartkey option correctly, it still requires you to carry the fob with you when you leave the vehicle, so that doesn't really give me the solution I was looking for. I don't want to have to carry anything with me. if I drive somewhere to do an activity (like skiing), I don't like having to carry a key ring with me, because one of two things invariably happen - I either take a fall and land on the keys, or they fall out of my pocket and get lost. it is much easier to return to the vehicle at the end of the day, punch in the code, and get into the car. I realize that isn't the most secure thing to do, but I never had any issues in 16 years of doing that with my Explorer. the other great benefit of the keypad is that you never get locked out of the car. I find the automatic re-locking of the doors in the CRV to be very annoying.

thanks again

·
Registered
250 Posts
That door keypad is a ford thing started in the late 90's. I dont really think anyone uses it but ford and more at my work we have a new Escape that has it and we never use it. Also that new Escape is crap. We have 700 miles on it and the AC went. Also my friends father has the Escape at his work and the transmission blew at 50,000. Also a guy at my work got one and he has had numerous issues with his as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your work's Escape. It is not fun to deal with car troubles, regardless of the make.

I did own a 1998 Ford Explorer, which was traded for the CRV, and I used the keypad feature on it all the time. I found it to be very handy, and am just looking for something equivalent that could be installed in my CRV to give me the same functionality.

I have found a couple of after market systems available - does anybody have any experience with those? here are a couple of links:

http://www.doorkeypads.net/

http://www.keyless.com/vehiclekeyless.htm

Thanks for any information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts