Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 CR-V. At some point last year my doors began making the locking and unlocking sound on their own while I was driving. It would also not allow me to lock and engage the alarm when I got out. This went on for a few months and then stopped and everything was back to normal. The past few months it began doing it again. I looked and saw there was a class action settlement on this (but I missed filling out the paperwork by a week or two). Well, the past month or so I'm having another issue - periodically when I go to start the car (only the first start of the day) it will not turn over. When I go to start it again, it starts and runs fine. No other issues (aside from the door lock issue). Brand new battery put in a few months back. I was once sitting in the car without the keys in the ignition at all and the doors were locking. Is that even possible?! Now I'm wondering if what is happening is the doors are locking and unlocking themselves continuously overnight and draining the battery. Possible??

·
Registered
76 Posts
The way I read it, you only need to submit paperwork if you already paid for this door lock actuator fix and are looking for reimbursement. Service bulletin #14-083 says ...."the driver's door lock mechanism will be replaced in all 2007 & 2008 CR-Vs and certain 2009 CR-Vs. Contact your authorized Honda dealer to schedule an appointment to have your driver's door lock actuator replaced at no cost to you."

Continuous cycling between lock and unlock, when the car is parked and off, is one of the symptoms of a failing door lock actuator. It usually stops, but I suppose it could go on until your battery is low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts