Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people, newbie here.

I own a CRV 2007, 2WD.

Today I noted for third time that battery has run out of electricity, and as result, engine does not start.
Few months ago, I started to hear a "door lock noise" every 30 minutes or so. Basically, the sound is the one I hear when I voluntarily "lock" doors using my remote control. I checked the remote control and it works properly (no pressed buttons, etc). Noise is heard moslty when I leave my car OPEN. This lock sound appears every 30 minutes or so with no reason.

I think it may be related to a door lock computer malfunction, which may be creating an electricity leakeage...

Do you know what could cause this? :confused:
Is there a door lock central system or some chip to replace?

any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

CRVFan

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Have your battery checked. It may need to be replaced.
Also check your battery terminals and all engine grounds.
Sorry, that's all I can offer on your problem.
Buffalo4
PS: By OPEN, do you mean unlocked, door open or windows open?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Battery is a brand new and works properly, I checked it twice at factory.

By Open yes, I meant unlocked doors.

Regarding, engine grounds....any idea where to check for those?? I will be checking battery contacts and will search for the most obvious grounds... I will post results soon. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Door Locks

I've been having somewhat of the same issue with my rear driver's side door lock for the past few weeks. When I slow down to under 5-10 mph the rear door will unlock all by itself (like I've put the car in park) , when I speed back up, it locks. It is only that ONE door.

Just one time the other day when I put my key in the ignition and turned it, there was a noise very similar to when a starter starts to go but it came from the ignition.....

Today, out of the clear blue sky my alarm started going off while I was at work...

I'm figuring this is all because I hit 100,000 miles last weekend and LOVE MY CAR.

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on diagnostics just to have to spend an arm and a leg to repair. I'm happy to repair it because I love it, but would like to be able to give the shop some ideas on where to start looking. In another post for a 2000 with door lock issues it mentions the actuator?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maximus here once again, reporting news since my first post.
I double checked battery and seems to be working perfectly. Since it is winter here, I left my car on, charging battery everyday (I do not use the car everyday so I turn it on 15 minutes). As result, the opening/close noise I was hearing at the beggining dissapeared. I have been for a doing this for a while and as long as I use my CRV everyday, it will start OK and no door lock-related noises. However, today I left my CRV at the supermarket engine off but with a CD PLAYER working for 15 minutes and It would not start (Battery appeared to lack of power). After 10 minutes, I tried to start and started immediately. Now, although I am sure it is an electric problem, I am sure it is not a battery related problem. My question: what could it be? what parts take place when starting the engine? why started after 10 minutes? what electric parts take place in when the engine starts??.
Next step: I wll take my CRV for diagnostic (no other option)... will keep you posted.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts