Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen this yet so let's get it started. So has anyone had these put on their 2017 CR-V? I'd like to add them but not really crazy bout the lighted ones. Why not just offer some nice looking chrome w/ Honda or CR-V logo. I suppose you could install others and just not connect them. Does anyone know if it's a plug and play install so to speak and if not how difficult would the install be? Maybe some nicer and cheaper alternatives will hit the aftermarket soon. Any thoughts?

2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX-L AWD w/nav

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I LIKE the lighted ones.
And I got them included in the "deal" I made on my 2017 Touring.
My Acura also came with them, and I think they are classy.
To each, his own.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How slippery is the metal part, especially when it gets wet? It looks like the primary stepping point for the rear is the metal part and not the "bumps". Wondering because my 6 year-old still needs to climb into the rear so I can't tell if these are more or less slippery than the bare metal now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hankman, thanks for the post. Those look great. I'm gonna hit the link now.
You're very welcome.

Just a tip, before actually sticking the sill protectors on the sills, test where you want to place them first before removing the plastic covering the double sided tape. Also clean the area with some rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt so the tape sticks better.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just received them yesterday. Look great but no template with them. How did you decide mounting location? Did you just eyeball it or measure from ctr to end points? Gonna try and install this afternoon.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just received them yesterday. Look great but no template with them. How did you decide mounting location? Did you just eyeball it or measure from ctr to end points? Gonna try and install this afternoon.
I see my tracking on the sills and I should be getting them today or tomorrow.
I think I may install the fronts maybe an inch more toward the front than Hankman's pics install.
Then again, I'll see how they look when they come and might install the same as Hankman.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, I LIKE the lighted ones.
And I got them included in the "deal" I made on my 2017 Touring.
My Acura also came with them, and I think they are classy.
To each, his own.
I agree, I like the lighted ones as well :). And I also had them added into the price of my CR-V.

Found some non-lighted door sill protectors on eBay for my 2017 CR-V.

Price was right and they look pretty good. Don't know why Honda stopped including them on their vehicles now, they were standard on my 2012 CR-V.
Possibly due to cost cutting. Would have been nice if the non-illuminated ones were standard at least on the Touring trim.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see my tracking on the sills and I should be getting them today or tomorrow.
I think I may install the fronts maybe an inch more toward the front than Hankman's pics install.
Then again, I'll see how they look when they come and might install the same as Hankman.
Test the placement before removing the tape on the back. The sills have a slight curve and also an indent so you have to make sure the protectors will fit properly first. You don’t want to try and remove them after they have stuck to the frame : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
Test the placement before removing the tape on the back. The sills have a slight curve and also an indent so you have to make sure the protectors will fit properly first. You don’t want to try and remove them after they have stuck to the frame : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip.Might only be one correct fit and that would be your install.
Kind of aggravating that Honda doesn't make an oem non-illuminated sill.They do for the other models.
Big profit maker for Honda too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree, I like the lighted ones as well :). And I also had them added into the price of my CR-V.

Possibly due to cost cutting. Would have been nice if the non-illuminated ones were standard at least on the Touring trim.
I'm going to be installing my lit sills plates tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll post some pics of them once they're installed. Incidentally, I picked these ones up off Aliexpress for around $50.00.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Just got in my eBay non illuminated set after 3 weeks or shipping time and they are pretty nice for the money. Odd that in other markets honda sells a non illuminated one but we only have illuminated.

I'd have splurged if I was younger but nothing else on the interior blue for me so just wanted some protection for our daughter getting out or kicking the car.

I used the Xmas ebay code also got the sills and oem splash guards BOTH for $64 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just checking back on this thread to see how these are holding up. Still looking sharp after being in use? And does the door hit these or affect closing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts