Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of chrome door sill plates for 2014 crv. They are expensive oem quality. Here is the issue. I washed and rinsed the sill, the cleaned with alcohol swabs. Stripped off the black 3m tape and went to apply. They fit perfectly, but they would not stick to the existing plastic plate. I am In AZ, hot and dry so climate is not an issue. So am I doing something wrong, or are they just rejects.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Need to clean the plastic really well. Espically is anything like Armor All has ever been used on the plastic.

I use a 3M product for instances like this.

I am also in AZ and assume your down for winter, seeing your listed location here on the site. If ya wanna meet up I'm more than willing to clean the plastic properly and the put all new 3M tape on the sills before putting them on the car. That needs to be done as the tape has been contaminated and will never properly stick them on.

I will be meeting with Green Machine towards the end of the month as he makes his way cross country. We will be doing some service work on his "V" as well as replacing the rear strut assemblies. Check out his journey at the link below.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/29-bikin-campin-hikin-kayakin/39969-life-my-honda-camping-traveling-next-few-months.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to clean the plastic really well. Espically is anything like Armor All has ever been used on the plastic.

I am also in AZ and assume your down for winter, seeing your listed location here on the site. If ya wanna meet up I'm more than willing to clean the plastic properly and the put all new 3M tape on the sills before putting them on the car. That needs to be done as the tape has been contaminated and will never properly stick them on.

I will be meeting with Green Machine towards the end of the month as he makes his way cross country. We will be doing some service work on his "V" as well as replacing the rear strut assemblies. Check out his journey at the link below.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/29-bikin-campin-hikin-kayakin/39969-life-my-honda-camping-traveling-next-few-months.html
Thank you for your generous offer. The vendor is sending me a roll of 3M tape, so will try one sill first. Not sure how long the 3M tape lasts, but the sills could be a few years old.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The tape once applied properly will give you no trouble. I've had a set of the Prelude sills on my Lude for well over 10 yrs now. The key is to have the plastic completely clean. Also, make sure sure you get all the old stuff off the sills before putting the new 3M tape on them.

The key is to make sure everything is absolutely clean. Wearing rubber gloves won't hurt.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

You can't beat an offer like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts