Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my passenger side doors are not locked and it appears to happen after I have opened the hatch, closed it and walked away from the vehicle.
When I return and not touch the front handles as they are set to auto open the front doors and I do have the key fob with me, the passenger doors have not auto locked when walking away from the car.
Has anyone else noted this?
I don't always lock the doors with the fob when walking away as we should not have to.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Do you get any kind of beep after you close all the doors and then walk away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I do get beeps at different times. Then a second sound of doors locking.
I can't say if I get them when the passenger door isn't locked.
I believe this happens only after opening the hatch.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not sure what year your CR-V is but from 2017 onwards when all the doors are closed you will get a single beep. Then if you walk away a certain distance or after waiting a certain period of time you will get a second single beep where the doors will lock.

If you get a series of beeps after you close all the doors then there’s an error happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
We always use the Walk Away Lock feature and we use the Hatch Closing Last thing that leaves the doors unlocked to our advantage in our detached garage. We just got back from the grocery unloaded, pressed the close button and as it was closing walked away, it beeped and flashed about 5 times and remained unlocked. If we want the doors locked we wait until the hatch is fully closed before we walk away.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Okay, here's what's going on... the car is designed to ensure that you never, ever, Ever, lock yourself out of the car with walk-away auto-lock.

- For auto-lock to work, the car *must* be able to "ping" the existence of a remote *outside* the car when it's trying to lock the doors
- For battery reasons, the receiver in your remote isn't real strong, so the range of the "ping" from the car is quite short (only a few feet; for me it's about 10 feet or so) This is far shorter than the "push a button on the remote to do something" range.
- The doors don't get locked until the all the doors (including the hatch) are shut.
- If you walk away from the car while the hatch is powering shut, it's very easy to get out of the "ping" range. Because the car can then not find your remote, it will not lock the doors. (Because maybe your keys are inside the car and the remote isn't responding for whatever reason.)

Because of this, the car should beep angrily at you when it doesn't lock the doors at the time the last door is shut. The angry beeps (five short beeps) are your signal to dig your remote out and lock manually. (Or walk back up to the car and lock by pressing the ridges on one of the front door handles.)

Alternately, just stand next to the car waiting for the hatch to close (and the car to beep once) when power-closing the hatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts