Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Android and my wife uses Apple Car Play. We keep switching the USB cord and after a while it's going to wear out. It's also hard to see and get the damned plug into the socket. So I want to add a USB Y cable or multiplier. I've purchased two on Amazon and neither work in the data port (left side) even though they're labeled as data enabled. Any ideas?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've never heard of a USB Y-adapter. Splitting a USB into multiple outputs (reliably) requires a USB hub.
For your situation, simply add a Male-Female USB extension. When IT wears out/becomes undependable simply replace it.

This is what I do with my computer at work since I am swapping hard drives & thumb drives several times a day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, but not at the CR-V port. You leave the extension plugged into the vehicle until IT wears out.
If you MUST have both phones plugged in to the same (data) port simultaneously (not sure CR-V would support that) you'd have to use a small USB hub.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No simultaneous use needed. I just want a splitter and I'll plug in both cables and whoever is driving will attach his/her phone. Honda can't handle Apple Car Play and Android Auto at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts