Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

Thank you for accepting my request to join. I have brand new excellent snow tires for my 2011 CRV that were only used for two months of light driving. They are 225/65R17. If I buy new wheels/rims - not sure of correct usage - can I downsize and fit this on my new 2018 CRV that currently has the factory tires? I live in a high snow region with snow/ice/sleet, etc. in the winter.
Thank you for considering my question.

MaureenClaire

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
since all 4 will match no it is not a problem. And the tire size difference is very very small anyway, might show speedometer 1 MPH faster than your actually going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hello Forum,

Thank you for accepting my request to join. I have brand new excellent snow tires for my 2011 CRV that were only used for two months of light driving. They are 225/65R17. If I buy new wheels/rims - not sure of correct usage - can I downsize and fit this on my new 2018 CRV that currently has the factory tires? I live in a high snow region with snow/ice/sleet, etc. in the winter.
Thank you for considering my question.

MaureenClaire
Not a problem if you have the LX with 17" wheels, or the tires are already mounted on wheels that came of the old V.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just going to post a similar question. Want to buy a set of snow tires and was told to save more than $200 on rims/tires I could go with 235/65R17 instead of the factory 235/60R18. Sounds like that information is correct then.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
your situation isnt the same because rim size means nothing for this. It's about the tire itself. Yours is simply going down a rim size but maintaining the same size tire (circumference) give or take a couple mm.

you can go any size rim you want as long as tires actually size comes out about the same. And if AWD version all tires must be same size/brand/model.

If you go smaller speedometer can be off, bigger if too much bigger you can have rubbing issues plus speedometer being off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts