Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying 2016/2017 1.6 diesel CRV.
Have been told that the 120BHP have very few issues with the DPF but the 160BHP have due to the twin turbos.
Anyone any experence of this.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
Avoid diesel - avoid DPFs - happier life.

And no, the 1,6 iDTEC 120BHP also suffers from DPF issues like the 160BHP model. They are identical engines- just with different power delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, i have a 1.6 idtec CRV from 2014 and dont worry about the dpf, is very important to have a good experience the how you drive, the how much miles you do every time and a good oil low ashes acea c1,2,3 or 4, honda here(europe) put castrol edge professional c2 in origin, and good fuel, the diesel engine is made for longs drives, is you take your diesel for short range the sistem not have time and temperature enough to make the regeneration process and you will need to make, not recomended, a forced reg, the dpf at last will be clogged and is a very expensive problem, try to clean is unuseful, i know well, is a good diesel engine, the best in my opinion, i have drove Volkswagen, mercedes, BMW, and this engine works fantastic but is very important have a clear idea if you need a diesel or not, a wrong use will be a pool of problems with the moderns diesel engines, dpf, egr valve, injectors, hig pressure pump and etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, i have a 1.6 idtec CRV from 2014 and dont worry about the dpf, is very important to have a good experience the how you drive, the how much miles you do every time and a good oil low ashes acea c1,2,3 or 4, honda here(europe) put castrol edge professional c2 in origin, and good fuel, the diesel engine is made for longs drives, is you take your diesel for short range the sistem not have time and temperature enough to make the regeneration process and you will need to make, not recomended, a forced reg, the dpf at last will be clogged and is a very expensive problem, try to clean is unuseful, i know well, is a good diesel engine, the best in my opinion, i have drove Volkswagen, mercedes, BMW, and this engine works fantastic but is very important have a clear idea if you need a diesel or not, a wrong use will be a pool of problems with the moderns diesel engines, dpf, egr valve, injectors, hig pressure pump and etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have since bought 2015 CRV 1.6D ES Sport AWD 160BHP. I will follow your advice. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts