Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
CODE = Radio

Inside your owners manual you should have the program code to reset your radio. It keeps the radio to be usable if stolen. Everything should be in the manual. Good luck. I've had to do that with the wife's CRV when I changed out the battery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Grab a pen and some paper and be ready to write the serial number.

Turn the key to ON (II, right before engine starts) so the radio says "CODE"
Turn the radio off
Press 1 & 6 simultaneously, and while holding these numbers in, turn the radio on.
You'll see the U and 4 numbers and L and 4 more numbers. (Some honda shows only the numbers)
Write down the 8 numbers, you don't need the U & L.
These 8 numbers are your serial number, with this you can get the code online, by phone or from your dealer.

To get it by phone, have the serial number you just got and call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 at first its an automated machine with options, then its real costumer service. Have your VIN number as well, they might ask for it. Its completely free. Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts

Turn the radio off
Press 1 & 6 simultaneously, and while holding these numbers in, turn the radio on.
You'll see the U and 4 numbers and L and 4 more numbers. (Some honda shows only the numbers)
These 8 numbers are your serial number, with this you can get the code online, by phone or from your dealer.

To get it by phone, have the serial number you just got and call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 at first its an automated machine with options, then its real costumer service. Have your VIN number as well, they might ask for it. Its completely free. Good luck
I am going to change my battery of my 07 CRV this week, Is there a way I can get the code before changing the battery ? (may be from the radio itself), so that I dont need to go through this hassle? I purchased my car used and dont have the original code.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you call the number you will need to have the radio serial number. The only way to get the serial number is by doing the 1&6 trick or pulling the radio out and there "might" be a sticker in the back. 1&6 trick works only when he radio displays "CODE". Bottom line, you won't be able to. I tried it my self on mine, I bought it salvaged so I didn't have any codes and the costumer service rep told me that unless it asks for code you can't get the serial number; without the serial number they can't give the radio code.
I actually think that if you just change it quick, you won't even need it. I tried to disconnect power from Battery to get "CODE" mesage but it didn't come up. I think that if the car stays without battery for longer time it will ask. Let me know if you got other questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
COdE Err

Hi,

New owner here of a 2001 CRV-EX. Mine came with the CD radio saying 'COdE Err' and the 1&6 button trick did not work.

Any other way to get the serial num for the radio?

Thanks,
Marco

·
Registered
4 Posts
i want to unplug my radio but i don't have a code.

I tried the 1 and 6 method but you need to have already unplugged it from the batery for this to work!

How can i find my Serial number without unblugging the radio? I don't want to unplug it, do the on/off 1 and 5 method and find i can't get the code from Honda - i will be worse off than now as i have it working fine!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Turn the radio off

Tried the Honda number and they give instructions on 2013 and up or 2006 and older. I have an 07?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts