Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while coasting to a stop sign after cresting a long steep grade, I accidentally shifted the trasnmission from D2 to D, then Neutral, and then into reverse. I'm guessing that the speed was less than 5 mph. I quickly shifted back to neautral and then coasted to the stop sign.

No issues, no noises, no smells, no nothing and the car has performed flawlessly ever since. It's a 2009 EX with 30,500 miles and the automatic.

Please comment.

M

·
Registered
276 Posts
if it popped into reverse with out hitting the release button you have a problem with your lock out switch for your shifter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

"For a one time occurance you should have no problem."

Car has worked normally since. Still kicking myself for this dumb mistake. I thought that the automatic was computer controlled like the throttle and that the transmission would shift direction after the car came to a stop. Maybe not.

M

·
Registered
201 Posts
Probably nothing to worry about. Modern transmissions are typically far more forgiving than most people like to think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday, while coasting to a stop sign after cresting a long steep grade, I accidentally shifted the trasnmission from D2 to D, then Neutral, and then into reverse. I'm guessing that the speed was less than 5 mph. I quickly shifted back to neautral and then coasted to the stop sign.

No issues, no noises, no smells, no nothing and the car has performed flawlessly ever since. It's a 2009 EX with 30,500 miles and the automatic.

Please comment.

M
I guess you're one of the lucky ones. Although some modern transmissions can be forgiving, like CIGARGUY said, most of them are not. So I'll title this a lucky trial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts