Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, new to this forum, not new to hondas.

Going to be looking for a second car and always liked the crv but never liked the power on the hwy and towing. So I have no issues with putting a turbo kit in but I'm worried about the drive train like the axles and I'm not sure how the rear diff or whatever its called on a Crv works and if its strong enough to handle another 100+hp. I'd be looking at a manual trans of course and I would be making a custom kit with a small turbo with quick spool running low boost, doing a OBD2 to OBD1 swap and running a different ECU maybe even a P28 which is a vtec ecu in case I want to swap the head at a later date.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will be fine, unless your putting a GM LS1 in your cr-v you will be fine.
nothing crazy I just want more power for towing and fun... Last turbo kit on a non vtec B20 we did was 241whp so thats alittle to much for what I'm looking for, I still want to get good mileage. I don't see any reason to go past 8psi regardless of the turbo setup. Might not even run an intercooler if I run under 8psi. I know I can get my hands on a Vortec super charger kit but I don't like FMU's but it might be cheaper since I would just keep the stock ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts