Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the driver door will not lock when I use the switch on the interior of the door. I do not have a FOB but the door will lock when I use the key. Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,197 Posts
Moving to the Gen1 section.

Hondas will not lock the drivers door unless you press the door's LOCK button while holding the handle up. Then you can shut the locked door.

This is to guard against locking the key in the car. o_O

PS: Thank you for filling in your Vehicle details!

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok. I remember the “lift the door handle” from an older vehicle my friend had. That’s not the problem. I’m not sure the correct word but it’s the physical part of the lock that sticks up on the inside of the door does not move at all.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Your lock mechanism is probably corroded--if the key in the door lock feels as though it is struggling against something, then you probably need to take the door panel off and spray the joints in the mechanism with white lithium grease, and work them a few dozen times or more until they free up. I had to do mine back in 2009, and since it has stiffened up again, I will need to do it a second time now.

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I’m inside the vehicle and use the switch there is no problem. It locks/unlocks perfectly. It is only when the door is open that the switch refuses to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts