Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver seat 2005 vs. 2006

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  David Randall 
#1 ·
Hi there! I'm buying my dream CR-V, either a 2005 or a 2006. I've been shopping for more than a year. I've seen all kind of stuff ! Now, I've got a question. I went to a Honda dealer. They had a CR-V 2006, SE. Selling it for 6,300$ plus txs.. so about 7,200$. Mileage 217k. Ok, I find it a little pricy and still hesitating. I know they bought it back from it's owner at 4k, and are selling it with no garanty whatsoever. I'm still thinking about it. A little rust.
I've got another deal : 2005 lx, 193000km, no rust except for a reparation that was'nt done well and rust started there. They are asking 4k. I haven't seen it live yet.

The difference that I notice between both of them, and I've never noticed it before.. is the driver seat. The 2006 was so comfortable! Did they change something with the seat between 2005 and 2006? Is it because it's a SE?. I've been searching for comfortable seats, and if that seat could be in the 2005, it would be a no think buy!

So.. is there a difference between 2005 and 2006 for the driver's seat?

Thank you!

#2 ·
Checking my favorite parts site, the seat cushions are different in the SE.
Only you can decide if the difference in comfort is important to you.

I would be more concerned about the 217,000 km vs. 193,000 km, especially the lower mileage CR-V is a year older, which means in theory it should have more miles on it. And do both come with complete maintenance history?

#4 ·
The 2005 is a one owner story. I saw the sale contract, the bills..just haven't tried it yet. The 2006 is a dealer. It says 2 owners. The second owner bought it in 2017. Si she kept it only 2 years. The dealer sells it as it is. No warranty of anything.
I really notice the seat, lu back was ok...wich doesn't happer often. Do you think i could change the seats in the 2005?

#5 ·
First thing to be aware of is that both the 2005 and 2006 CR-V seats have an airbag in the seat back, so I would be concerned about just unplugging and unbolting the seats to swap them.
And checking some of the lower seat frame parts I came across a wiring harness that in the SE is different part number than the same harness for the LX and EX models.

So I'm thinking that no, it's not going to be possible.

Even the padded cushions in the seat don't appear to be the same, as I'm seeing an SE specific part number.

So hopefully when you get a chance to sit in the 2005 the seat will be comfortable enough for you.

#9 ·
I hope you found the right one for you. I noticed seat comfort differences in the various '05 and '06 cars I tested, SE and EX versions. The one I chose (an '06 SE, seems harder on my fanny than I'd like, but the leather has a lot of sun-wear too. That got me thinking about the fact that seats age differently depending on lots of factors. Outside parking in heat,weight of the occupants, etc, affects the foam underlying your surface. It's plastic foam. It can get compressed and hard. Any seat that's dreamy when new can become an unforgiving bench with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.