Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think the driver's seat in the new CR-V is a little uncomfortable? Hopefully it just isn't broken in yet, but it seems like the seat should be about an inch wider. It feels like there is pressure under my right thigh, and I can't find a comfortable position. The passenger seat doesn't have this issue and is much more comfortable. I didn't notice it on the test drive, but I noticed it on the drive home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone else think the driver's seat in the new CR-V is a little uncomfortable? Hopefully it just isn't broken in yet, but it seems like the seat should be about an inch wider. It feels like there is pressure under my right thigh, and I can't find a comfortable position. The passenger seat doesn't have this issue and is much more comfortable. I didn't notice it on the test drive, but I noticed it on the drive home.
Sorry, that should say my left thigh, not my right.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. I posted the same thing in another thread but got no replies. I hope it will get better over time. The outside seat bolster is too stiff and yes the seat should be at least 1 inch wider. It seems other cars I've driven are flatter on the sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. I posted the same thing in another thread but got no replies. I hope it will get better over time. The outside seat bolster is too stiff and yes the seat should be at least 1 inch wider. It seems other cars I've driven are flatter on the sides.
I was wondering if I just got a bad seat, but apparently it's not just me! I hope it improves with time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine is fine. The 2017 is 10x more comfortable than our 2004. For my wife and I, the 2017 is the most comfortable seat in any Honda we've ever owned.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine is fine. The 2017 is 10x more comfortable than our 2004. For my wife and I, the 2017 is the most comfortable seat in any Honda we've ever owned.
Agreed. Much more comfortable than my Accord.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm coming from cloth, manual adjust seats in my old car...so these seats in my Touring are a dream for me. But even compared to my husband's Lexus, the seats are very nice and comparable (minus the seat cooling, wish they threw that in with the CRVs).

I'm a short person, so the center console is in the perfect spot and height for me to lean my elbow on, too. Overall I have been super comfortable.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
My wife and I love the seat!

Seats are different for everybody... this just underscores the importance of taking an unhurried test drive and spending some quality time in a car before committing. No single seat will be comfortable (or uncomfortable) for everybody.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Been said over and over. Tiny people are ok with it generally. They probably the worst seats I ever sat in. I never feel stable and always feel as I'm about to fall to the left, always using my left hand for support against the door.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Been said over and over. Tiny people are ok with it generally. They probably the worst seats I ever sat in. I never feel stable and always feel as I'm about to fall to the left, always using my left hand for support against the door.
I wonder if the seats have some variance? Leather vs cloth? I am definitely not tiny and I find the cloth seats comfortable, BUT, I haven't been on a very long drive yet. Also, it could have a lot to do with your leg length and the way it affects your positioning in the seat.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's funny, I'm 6'0/160 and I find the seats a little bigger than I'd like. The side bolsters barely touch my body.
Well, the side bolsters "hug" my granny butt a little, but in a comfortable way. Mine are definitely not lopsided, so I wonder if one of the seat assembly points is doing something a little off kilter.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just sat in the rear seats for first time today. Left and right sides are ok, but the center is horrible! Feels like sitting on a wooden box. Hard as a rock both seat bottom and back. I'll feel bad if I ever have to ride someone back there.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The 2017's seats are more comfortable than my 2014. My only complaints are the arm rests and the console. I prefer the arm rests and lower console in the 2014. The console in the 2017 gets in the way when fastening the seat belt and the console doesn't have as useful storage space.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am definitely not tiny. The seats are reminiscent of those in my 2010 Accord. With that said, I am getting used to them. They are still not great and I will probably never love the seats, but I can live with them. I typically keep cars 2.5 to 3 years, so I can deal with it that long.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have had my CRV for about four days but I really like the seat comfort. I have the EX-L and this is my first car with leather. I am also a pretty big guy. I'm 6'0" and definitely could stand to lose a few pounds.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it's anything like past generations of crv's, the electric leather seats can be adjusted to a comfortable position, where as the LX cloth seats are minimally adjustable and typically extremely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If it's anything like past generations of crv's, the electric leather seats can be adjusted to a comfortable position, where as the LX cloth seats are minimally adjustable and typically extremely uncomfortable.
I have the cloth in the EX and like them. They're not a "velour" finish, but have more of a nylon/poly feel. They have a slicker feel than my 2007 with a little bit of sheen to them.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts