Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the driver seatbelt changed on the CRV 2020? Mine has like an extra fold for the buckle to rest but it looks horrible!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I can't answer your question, but I was curious. I always wondered what that extra fold was for. Here is what the web indicates:

"Load limiters are often installed to minimise seatbelt-inflicted injury by releasing a little more excess belt webbing. You know that extra fold of fabric on your seatbelt? That is a load limiter – and the stitching on that fold is designed to rip and release the extra fabric when excess force is applied."

Who knew????

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,057 Posts
Good to know! Moving to Misc. section, not an appearance issue.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
539 Posts
My Geo Metro had those back in 97. There was even a label stitched inside that said 'if you can read this, replace seat belt.'

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the extra fold is for adjustment. If the driver is bigger than normal you can adjust the seatbelt to where the seat belt can fit to the driver.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,057 Posts
I think the extra fold is for adjustment. If the driver is bigger than normal you can adjust the seatbelt to where the seat belt can fit to the driver.
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts