Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I purchased my 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L, I've noticed a loud air flow coming from my driver side window.

It's very annoying but when I took it to the dealer and/or another shop the least price quote is $350 to get it fixed.

Anyone else have this problem or have an idea how to fix it? Given that I'm a practical person (otherwise I wouldn't have a Honda), I don't really want to pay $350 if I can avoid it, although it's pretty annoying and apparently my warranty on that is expired.

Thanks much!

DJ

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I would first check the seals around the entire door to make sure they aren't any bulges or wrinkles.
Then go stand at the back of your CR-V and look forward along the body. Does the door appear to be inline with the rest of the body or does it stick out a little.

On the 1st Gen CR-Vs the top of the door sometimes got bent a little away from the body, which would cause leaks. The "fix" was to roll the window glass all the way down, then open the door and stand on the inside of the door. Brace one leg against the bottom of the door, and take ahold of the top corners of the window frame with your hands and very gently pull the top of the door towards you, then close the door and check the alignment. Repeat until the door was aligned.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I would first check the seals around the entire door to make sure they aren't any bulges or wrinkles.
Then go stand at the back of your CR-V and look forward along the body. Does the door appear to be inline with the rest of the body or does it stick out a little.

On the 1st Gen CR-Vs the top of the door sometimes got bent a little away from the body, which would cause leaks. The "fix" was to roll the window glass all the way down, then open the door and stand on the inside of the door. Brace one leg against the bottom of the door, and take ahold of the top corners of the window frame with your hands and very gently pull the top of the door towards you, then close the door and check the alignment. Repeat until the door was aligned.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Interesting, seems pretty hokey but I will try this advice and see how it works and let you know. Why did I get two reply posts with the same info?

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
529 Posts
Something odd with the new forum software.
What were they going to do for $350?
Check the seal, maybe even wipe it down with compatible chemical.. Also check it's not the window, those also can get dried out or dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts