Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So nearly (maybe exactly) at the same time my power mirrors, rear glass release, door lock switch all stopped working. Fuses were good. Must be related. I've never had any electrical problems with this vehicle.

Also, but probably unrelated, the drivers front door speaker quit working a couple of months ago.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
you may inspect the harness like said.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This switch was subject to a TSB a few years back. They stuck some plastic around it after some folks reported water related issues. Worth pulling the door card to take a proper look (after checking all the easy stuff like broken wires in the door shut etc.).

·
Registered
2007 CRV
760 Posts
On my 2007, water gets into the door.
Rust forms on the wires to the speaker and it stopped working
So would assume yours may have a similar issue.
The wires in the bend between the door and the inside of the cabin could be suspect
Would need to investigate. Using meter to check wiring integrity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'll be taking the door panel off. Is there a video on this sight?

The locks and the hatch release aren't a big deal but I want the speaker and the power mirrors to work for sure. :)

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
you can check in on many vids , on here be under the actuator one for the panel off. you may want to look into the right tools.

By memory that triangle at the mirror Be careful with it pulls off, then the door handle got a screw, think the door rest as well. then the rest is plastic tabs, they will be Fragile if asked so you may want new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts