Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my wife got stuck inside the car. The drivers door would not open from the inside. She had to reach out through the window and open it from the outside. Very awkward. I would guess that an operating rod dropped off inside the door. Does anyone know how to remove the door panel? I see a few screws on the door armrest. The panel is hard plastic, not vinyl with snaps like my older cars.
Harry

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are 2 screws behind the inside door handle that are covered by a piece of plastic that can be removed with a small straight edge screw driver . Once cover & screws are removed pull out the handle & re-insert the rod into the hole on the back side of the handle & push handle back in . Then put screws back in and replace the cover and your handle will work like new .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My CRV is a 2001. The inside handle only has one screw and it is not hidden. I removed it and was able to slide the whole unit forward about 1/2" and pull it out a little. The rod is still attached and pulling on it manually still does not open the door. I removed the three screws on the arm rest / handle but can't pull it off. I am afraid of damaging it. There are no other screw on the door and I tried unsuccessfully to pry it out at the bottom but am afraid of damaging it.
Harry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racoon;
I have some old removal tools. Which one in the set is do I use. I assume it is to pull the bottom of the panel out.
Thanks;
Harry

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The trim removal tools are to assist in releasing the clips so you can take the panel off.
I would use one of the solid ends to locate the clips, and the U shaped end of the second from the left to release the clips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There used to be a young lady on this forum that had a service manual and would help by emailing a page that showed the parts and procedure. I wonder if anyone else on here could do that for me.
Thanks;
Harry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the door panel off. The other end of the rod from the inner door handle is still attached but pulling on it does not unlatch the latch. I took the three screws out of the latch assembly but I can't get it out of the door. Where can I get a picture of the working in the latch assembly.
Harry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts