Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I hope it's not a bad sign that I am already getting on CRV forums when I've only had my 2018 CRV for not quite two months! I discovered I could not tell how uncomfortable the front seats were during a short test drive! I had been used to the Odyssey (2004) with electronic controls on the seat and lumbar support. I went to the basic model with this CRV so manual controls. I believe it has lumbar support but not enough. The way the seat back and head rest curve literally leaves a lot of room/lack of support for my back!!

I'd appreciate any suggestion on where to look for good seat support/cushions. I have a lumbar support now but found that I may need a bit of a cushion for the seat itself ... how did they make these seats SO excruciatingly uncomfortable!!! I love Hondas but ...

Thank you in advance for the help and support!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,516 Posts
Everyone's physique is different. Short/long legs or torso. Suggest inquiring at an auto upholstery shop about adding extra 'stuffing' to the seats to achieve the lumbar support that you need.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I’m 38 6’5” and 250lbs, past 3 cars are
2010 element
2014 rdx
2015 mdx
And i love our 2018 ex seats and even went cloth. Have done roadtrips and ise it daily and no back issues. Its like shopping for mattresses, what is good for us isn’t for you and vice versa.
Maybe swing past a local upholstry shop and see if they can swap out the foam for something softer (or firmer), taking apart a seat is a 30 min job.
There are alot of the lower back pillows on amazon ebay but it will be like the seats and a review might not pertain to you

Like stated above everyone is different but did you not sit in it during the test drive?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts