Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening fellow CR-V Owners,

The armrest on the driver's side has been bubbling and is now coming off of the armrest. I wanted to ask and see if anyone else has had this problem and if so, did you try to glue the puckered area back down into the armrest? And if you found something like a vinyl glue, did it work out well? I know there is a post where someone bought the actual arm rest from Honda. I wonder if that is the only way to take care of this puckering vinyl? There are topics and threads on this. But my armrest vinyl has just started coming off of the arm rest. Need to do something before the it comes off completely. Having trouble getting the picture of armrest on this post.

Thank you for your replies!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2009 CRV and the driver side armrest is falling apart. I can not believe that a company like Honda provided such a piece of junk armrest for several years.
Apparently they are doing nothing about rectifying the situation for the hapless owners. I recently got a quote of $500 from a dealer to fix "the problem". I have personally never
seen another make of vehicle with this problem. I have enjoyed the CRV, but this keeps me from even considering buying another one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to reply, I ended up using Gorilla glue injecting it into the puckered area. It has worked well and the vinyl has not come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts