Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, it's just the one light, it doesn't turn on when the door opens or when I click it. I've changed the bulb and cleaned the connectors. I look off the cover and didn't see anything obvious. Any ideas on what to try next?

· Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,551 Posts
First thing I'd do is swap the left and right bulbs.

Then I'd use a voltmeter and compare the readings on the working side and the bad side, to see if you are getting voltage and a ground path.

+++++++++++

Are you installing OEM incandescent bulbs or aftermarket LED bulbs? I converted the interior lamps to LED on the wife's minivan and those were REALLY difficult to achieve a secure connection. :mad:

· Registered
3 Posts
I literally just had this problem. Was sitting in the Walmart parking lot, taking off the lens so I could take out and replace the bulb. Bulb looked fine. Popped it in the passenger side and it worked, so I knew it wasn't the bulb. Jiggling the switch made it light up, but not stay on. Wound up unscrewing and pulling the whole assembly out (still in the parking lot), unplugging and reconnecting the cables, and finally swapping the switches. Figured the driver side was more important than the passenger side (at least for me). After all that, both sides appear to be working just fine. May have been a loose connection, or maybe the switches are happier in their new places. It's easy enough to do, so I'd try un & re-plugging the cables, then swapping the switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts