Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad purchased a 2003 CRV this weekend. Only issue is the drivers side door lock.

You can not move the lock up and down by hand, it wont budge.

The power door locks don't move it either.

However, if you hold out the inside door handle, you can push the lock down. When you do this, the rest of the doors lock, so the actuator is sensing the lock being locked.

Once you lock it with this method, you can unlock it with the key in the door.

So, we can at least lock it, but it's a pain in the butt.

The remote unlock button also doesn't work. The lock button will lock all the doors except the drivers. When you press the unlock button, you can here some clicks from the dash, but that's it.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

·
2,210 Posts
The entire door lock and actuator mechanism is one piece. It sounds like the actuator part is working but part of the mechanical lock mechanism itself is frozen up. This is usually caused by water getting in it over time and causing it to rust/corrode. You could try to lube it up and see if that frees it, but I've had little luck with that in the past. The simplest fix is just to replace the part. Not sure what yours runs, mine is about $65 plus shipping from hondapartsnow.com. It's about a two-hour wrestling match to install it. There are YouTube videos on this job. Be sure to use only an OEM part. Be sure to lube the key lock cylinder too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts