Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take off my seat belt I have noticed that it does not seem to get pulled back into the seat pillar like it did when new. Is there anything I can do to get the seat belt to " pull" the webbing back into the reel fully?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If the vehicle has a clean title, the seat belts are covered for the life of the vehicle and your local dealer will replace it free of charge.

Your issue is one reason that they would replace it for free if, the title is clean and no been in an accident.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, the seat belt works but when I unclick it recoils about 8" of webbing easily and then you have to help the rest go back in. If you don't help it, it becomes easy to catch the Buckle in the door when closing it

·
Registered
753 Posts
Could be a case of cleaning needed. I have not tried cleaning myself (I have the same recoiling problem on my 2005 CR-V), but I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkU7nujyUc (should also be plenty of other videos about this problem). In part 2 of the video, the guy found the belt was twisted inside the panel (!) I cannot understand how that could have happened.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that,will give it a try and clean the top runner to see if that sorts the problem out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts