Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disable the Daytime Running Lights for the purpose of entering a drive-in theater? Our local theater requires it upon entry. Most older vehicles can be disabled by shutting off vehicle, foot off brake, pulling parking brake up to the first click only, and then starting the car. Any ideas with this electronic brake? Otherwise I'll have to bring something to cover the lights to be able to enter.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone know how to disable the Daytime Running Lights for the purpose of entering a drive-in theater? Our local theater requires it upon entry. Most older vehicles can be disabled by shutting off vehicle, foot off brake, pulling parking brake up to the first click only, and then starting the car. Any ideas with this electronic brake? Otherwise I'll have to bring something to cover the lights to be able to enter.

Thanks for any advice!
Turn headlight switch from auto to off.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
THAT is the most bizarre request in the world. One would assume they realize newer vehicles have DRL. I have to believe its a request not a requirement. I have to believe its illegal in some states to disable as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you start the CR-V with the parking brake already engaged, the DRL will not be on. When you release the parking brake the DRL will turn on. I don't know of a way to drive with them off though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you start the CR-V with the parking brake already engaged, the DRL will not be on. When you release the parking brake the DRL will turn on. I don't know of a way to drive with them off though.
If this is true just release the brake enough to allow the car to move but not enough to turn on the drls. There is usually a sweet spot where you can do this

·
Registered
62 Posts
If this is true just release the brake enough to allow the car to move but not enough to turn on the drls. There is usually a sweet spot where you can do this
Possibly with a manual parking brake but not an electronic. Unless there is a way to modulate our electronic parking brakes that I'm unaware about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THAT is the most bizarre request in the world. One would assume they realize newer vehicles have DRL. I have to believe its a request not a requirement. I have to believe its illegal in some states to disable as well.
Yeah, DRL's and the LED swooshes a lot of vehicles have these days are surprisingly bright. There are cars coming and going throughout the movies and the lights wash out the screen, ruin night-vision etc... making sure you can either control or cover your lights beforehand is a strict rule.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to be able to do this! On my jeep it was as simple as popping the hood and unplugging the module (which was super easy to get to). This allowed me to drive using just the amber lights. The benefit of this is when driving into a park/camp ground or for me, when I'm driving into my deer stand area.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I checked my 2014 Owners Manual and it says fuse 21 in the under dash fuse box controls the Daytime Running Lights.

I don't have a 2017 Owners Manual, but the 2018 Owners Manual list a fuse for the Daytime Running Lights, so check your Owners Manual and try pulling that fuse.

My only concern is the 2017 manual frequently refers to the "Parking/Daytime Running Lights" and I don't see a separate fuse for the parking lights.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For the accord you (haven’t tried with crv though)

1. Turn off the vehicle.
  2. Engage the parking brake
  3. Turn the Vehicle back on
  4. DRL disabled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked my 2014 Owners Manual and it says fuse 21 in the under dash fuse box controls the Daytime Running Lights.

I don't have a 2017 Owners Manual, but the 2018 Owners Manual list a fuse for the Daytime Running Lights, so check your Owners Manual and try pulling that fuse.

My only concern is the 2017 manual frequently refers to the "Parking/Daytime Running Lights" and I don't see a separate fuse for the parking lights.
Thanks for the advice! I'll have a look and see what it looks like in the manual when I pick up the car on the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts