Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, I've got a 2016 EX L no navi. And I've got a Samsung S5 phone that I'm trying to use the navi from the phone. The salesman told me there is an App. to buy, to link the droid phone with an HDMI connection. Does anyone know of such an Application? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

I tried it once with my 2015 Touring and Galaxy S6 phone, and it worked.

I believe for those with iPhones, they need to buy a special cable for hdmi. However, for those with Android, it will work with the regular usb cable used to charge the phone. (plugged into one of the 2 USB ports in the center console). It should also be linked via bluetooth, and bluetooth should be selected as the audio source in the entertainment system.

Install the Sygic Car Navigation app, from your favorite app store. (it has a 30 day free trial, i believe) on your phone.

Enable MIRRORLINK in your Android based phone. Settings -> More/Connections -> Mirrorlink -> Connect to vehicle via USB (may vary slightly depending on phone/OS model)

Once usb is plugged in and source is set to bluetooth, go to the main menu in your car screen, and you may need to scroll to the right to see the option that doesnt fit on the screen (page 2, for those with navi). The app should appear there with an icon.

I believe that's all you need to do. I did that from memory, so there could be a mistake. :) However, there are several threads about it on the forum. If it works (or doesn't), please let me know so I can correct any mistakes for future folks looking to do the same. It's a basic nav program. I wish they could find a way to allow the WAZE app to go to the built in screen, and i'd be sold. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I search the forums for the threads to this subject of connecting my Samsung s5 droid phone to the screens to use it for the phones navigation feature. I don't know how to find threads on the subject I'm interested in. Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Search (Google custom search) is at the top of the right column.

I just basically gave you step by step thorough directions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks , you said you did it from memory, and there might be a mistake so I'm looking for other suggestions to confirm what you said. No problem, love the help! Is there a way to get notifications if someone responds to your posts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks , you said you did it from memory, and there might be a mistake so I'm looking for other suggestions to confirm what you said. No problem, love the help! Is there a way to get notifications if someone responds to your posts?
There sure is.

If you want to subscribe to an entire sub forum, go to the main menu of the forum http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/
Click the GREEN (
) button(s) to subscribe to the desired forum(s), to receive notification of new activity. Depending how the administrator has the cron set up, you'll probably get notification once per day at about 2-4am.
(you can also do it, once inside a sub forum, by using the THREAD OPTIONS pull-down menu)

If you just want one specific conversation(thread), open it up, look at the top and pick:

You can monitor your currently subscribed threads at any time by clicking the SETTINGS button, at the top right of any page.

I hope that is helpful,
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts