Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Trailer shipping delay

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dakarxtr05 
#1 ·
Hello, I am a new member here...this is my first post.

Three weeks ago, I ordered a class III hitch from Etrailer (DrawTite 75547) and was told it would ship in 7 days. After two weeks wait I was told by phone that the item had shipped and would be received later in the week. Now the new story is that the item (and its identical Hidden Hitch SKU (87440) were both back ordered from the manufacturer for 3-4 weeks.

Two questions:
1. Is this common practice with Etrailer?
2. Is there another competitive source for the DrawTite hitch for the 2008 CRV?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello, I am a new member here...this is my first post.

Three weeks ago, I ordered a class III hitch from Etrailer (DrawTite 75547) and was told it would ship in 7 days. After two weeks wait I was told by phone that the item had shipped and would be received later in the week. Now the new story is that the item (and its identical Hidden Hitch SKU (87440) were both back ordered from the manufacturer for 3-4 weeks.

Two questions:
1. Is this common practice with Etrailer?
2. Is there another competitive source for the DrawTite hitch for the 2008 CRV?
I placed an order yesterday with E-Trailer for a cargo carrier and bag and just now received an e-mail confirming that the order has just shipped. I bought my Valley class III hitch and harness from them in March and received shipment (free) within one week.

It must be DrawTite that is behind.

#3 ·
Dont remember the whys and wherefores now but my Curt Class III arrived several days earlier than EHitch said it would. I think they are generally prompt, probably is the manufacturer.

Can't help on an alternate source. The installer who did my hitch recommended HitchSource. But I don't think they carry anything except Curt. And today I revisited their site and found the "Hitch Selector" did not even show CRVs although they sell do sell Hitches for CRVs.

Anyway good luck and let us know if you find a alternate source.

JPO

#4 ·
Docsoma,

If you do receive that Drawtite and get that thing on - couldyou pleassssssssse take some pictures and post !??? I'm torn between the Curt and Drawtite (HiddenHitch). I've seen really good pics of the Curt on this message board, but have not been able to track down pictures of the Drawtite / HiddenHitch.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this.

Much appreciation if you can post some pics in the near future.

Thanks,
Dakarxtr05
Happy CRV 08 owner !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.