Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to switch bluetooth connected phones?
Both phones are paired to the CR-V.
It appears to favor the last connected phone.

I can not find an easy way to switch between my wife's phone and mine when we are both in the car.

The only way I have found is to have her disconnect her BT connection to the car and I immediately connect my phone.
You have to be quick or it will automatically re-connect to my wife's phone.
You can also turn off her BT but that is not a good option since she wants to keep her BT connection to her watch.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
From the manual:
Only one phone can be used with HFL at a time.
When there are more than two paired phones in the
vehicle, the first paired phone the system finds is
automatically connected.

I believe you can select which bluetooth to connect to without disconnecting (though it's not easy as you would imagine).
Go to Settings > Bluetooth Setup > Connect an Audio Device

Or if it's just the phone
Phone > Phone > Bluetooth Device List

Or just audio
Audio > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Device List

Let me know which one of those options work or I can test it out later tonight.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
When one phone is desired at the moment then turn the bluetooth off on the phone you do not want to use. It won't allow more than one to be identified at a time. Best of luck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wonder what happens if you plug the desired phone into the Carplay/Android Auto USB port before you start the engine. Perhaps the headunit will Bluetooth connect to the plugged in phone. After it's established you could then unplug the phone if you don't use Android Auto.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have 32 gigs of music on a memory stick I use in the car. I found the Google Maps from Android Auto on the screen was too small, did not upscale well. So, I uninstalled Android Auto from my phone. It still comes up on the phone every time I plug it in and asks if I want to use it. Irritating.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have 32 gigs of music on a memory stick I use in the car. I found the Google Maps from Android Auto on the screen was too small, did not upscale well. So, I uninstalled Android Auto from my phone. It still comes up on the phone every time I plug it in and asks if I want to use it. Irritating.
I think you can turn off Android auto in the headunit
Home, settings, smartphone, Android auto, cancel auto connect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts