Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the ebay foglight kits? since the OEM kit is NLA, I am more open minded but wanted to see if anyone had input in terms of wiring and fitment. Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can I assume you are a 2017 or 2018 owner? I have a 2017 LX and I had previously ordered just the black plastic bezels from a Honda dealer. They arrived and I started looking for suitable lights to mount behind the openings. Not having any luck I ordered the whole kit on Ebay. I fit LED lamps in the lights before installing them. I could not tell any difference in the four (two sets) of plastic bezels. They appear to have come out of the same mold. So I conclude that Honda outsources some of their parts to Chinese firms. Everything in the kit fit well enough but I did have trouble with the on/off switch. It stayed on all the time. So I took it apart and found a small ball of solder bridging two traces on the circuit board. I kicked that off, reassembled and tested the switch as okay.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This is posted in 2nd gen section, 2002 up.

OP, I have the ebay fog lights (OEM style) i put in mine. Definitely not perfect OEM fit, need a dremel and patience. Wiring is that of anything aftermarket. Basic harness with inline relay and switch you have to get ran to the inside of the vehicle.

The switch wire is a BIATCH. Have to take it apart, cut the connectors off and put new ones in if you want to run in the best way, with the main vehicle harness behind the gas pedal.

I didnt do that. I put an line tab in the headlight fuse for the wire that activates the relay. Do NOT try to run the fog lights without an inline relay thats direct wired to battery input lead and body ground. The signal wire is triggered when I turn my headlights on, which turns on the fog lights.

Honda was not very nice about having everything in place for plug and play. Wiring etc so you could just install a honda relay in the box, honda switch and the fog lights and done. There used to be an OEM kit that saved some hassle but my way has worked flawless for months. And no fighting to get a switch wired inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt reply. Less concerned about wiring having dealt with bmws crappy designs.

More concerned about fitment and gaps. So having said that did you run into any of this with yours?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. Less concerned about wiring having dealt with bmws crappy designs.

More concerned about fitment and gaps. So having said that did you run into any of this with yours?
As I said, have a dremel handy. Fitment isnt as nice as oem and cuss words will be exchanged till you manage to get it to fit right. The 2 issues I ran into are that the lens is bigger than the hole in the bumper and the mount doesnt like to sit where it needs without some dremel work.

Took me about 2 hours to get them in and as perfect as possible, another 20 minutes to wire up.

Any small gaps arent noticeable and dont leak light thanks to the rubber strip they give you to wrap around the lens edge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts