Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what the Economy button actually does that cannot be replicated by driving more gently in regular mode. Can someone point out exactly what happens when Eco mode is turned on? As I understand it, Eco mode remaps the fuel curve and maybe sets the transmission to be less aggressive. Is that all Eco mode does?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Reduces throttle pedal “aggressiveness” and AC cooling power...
I don’t bother with it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I use ECO maybe 1/2 the trips around town. I use S almost all of my trips around town. Seems to bump mpg maybe 1-2.?‍♂ Probably my imagination, can't prove it.

Honda probably can make the claim and has proof of increased mpg when testing inside an indoor facility with constant temp/humidity/driving conditions, on a dynometer.?‍♂

Reactions: zskwrel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Sounds like leaving Eco Mode off probably won't affect MPG efficiency much if you're gentle with the accelerator pedal and set the A/C to something more mild during the summer.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I'm not sure how "ECO" affects the a/c......I have a thermometer in the dash vent and always see 38F-40F vent temp, regardless of ECO use or not.?‍♂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts