Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Eco button for? I just bought a 2017 CR-V EXL and the salesman sort of glossed over this feature. He was a young kid and I don't think he understood the button himself.

Thank you so much,

Darrien

·
Registered
430 Posts
Reduces throttle response, changes the CVT transmission programming, lowers the AC blower and sets it to recirculation mode.

For me, makes the car feel sluggish and I don't really see any improvements in mpg.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reduces throttle response, changes the CVT transmission programming, lowers the AC blower and sets it to recirculation mode.

For me, makes the car feel sluggish and I don't really see any improvements in mpg.

Dealer told me how great it was then after I bought it they said I should just leave it off.

Nice

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The eco button:
On the upper dash a thin line will go green when you keep what the car feels is the best way we should drive to conserve fuel and power.

For example if you got a lead foot and love going fast then you're going to be using all that power for zipping around. So in order for you to learn to drive sensibly you do your best to keep the pedal soft less pressure and keep to the green

Don't car go in sport mode and be done conserving.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The eco button:
On the upper dash a thin line will go green when you keep what the car feels is the best way we should drive to conserve fuel and power.

For example if you got a lead foot and love going fast then you're going to be using all that power for zipping around. So in order for you to learn to drive sensibly you do your best to keep the pedal soft less pressure and keep to the green

Don't car go in sport mode and be done conserving.
What you are describing is the ambient meter which operates independently of the eco mode button.

p10 of the Owner's Manual:
Ambient Meter
● Changes color to reflect your driving
style.
Green: Fuel efficient driving
White green: Moderate acceleration/
deceleration
White: Aggressive acceleration/
deceleration​
● The ambient meter color changes in
accordance with your brake or
accelerator pedal operation.

·
Registered
600 Posts
What is the Eco button for? I just bought a 2017 CR-V EXL and the salesman sort of glossed over this feature. He was a young kid and I don't think he understood the button himself.

Thank you so much,

Darrien
It is something I tried once and will likely never use again. There is a good explanation of what it does in the owners manual. But it sucks the fun of driving this vehicle right out the window for little perceived benefit.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Using the 'Eco' system will result in improved energy efficiency. Of course using it will result also in it not being one of the fastest sports type vehicles in its class. It all depends on what you want out of your vehicle. It can be very efficient or very sporty. It is up to you. : )

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
At just under a few tons . As I recall it was to put the fun in drving, just a step closer to getting back to being a light foot. Hearing from the car we have a lil green light goes on and getting 40 plus mpg, all up to your driving habits. use it or ignore it your choice . we enjoy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used it for 14 hours of driving this weekend, then I took it off for the last hour.

That last hour was a lot of fun. So I'd say the Eco button is the No Fun button.

·
Registered
600 Posts
do we turn off traction control when its not raining or snowing?
No. Those are not the only reasons you could lose traction, i.e. Loose gravel, oily road. The computer controls when the AWD and traction control is needed from the being able to monitor conditions. What you would be turning of is the ability to monitor for the need for traction control.

·
Registered
430 Posts
do we turn off traction control when its not raining or snowing?
Traction control is part of the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system, that stabilizes the car during cornering (prevents understeer or oversteer). The button on the left side controls both systems. You cannot turn off traction control without turning off VSA.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The eco button basically saps any shred of joy out of your powertrain in return for a dubious, if any, MPG gain. On a test track under ideal conditions, you probably see a single digit percentage MPG gain with ECO on. In return, a tiny bit of your soul is sucked out every time your right foot makes contact with the gas pedal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Eco mode just bogged down the car... found myself nearly flooring it to get anywhere in turn getting the same mileage lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts