Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: I'm hoping someone can tell me how to permanently disable a specific fault code.

I drive a 2004 CRV with a K20 engine and manual gearbox which was designed for the developing world... sold in Asia and East Africa

My ECU which is a "T" Series for Thailand failed so I've managed to get another, off an imported car, which works perfectly after being remapped but couldn't recognize the O2 sensors because -as I discovered-I don't have any in this very basic model. I was surprised too. So its throwing codes.Otherwise it works fine. The original ECU can't be found in the country. Most sold were automatics so I've got a really small market to look at.

Is there a way of permanently silencing a code on an ECU which is not needed? OR could somehow a signal be sent to the appropriate pin? I've read up that it should be as shown below so I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe there could be a way of mimicking the sensor's voltage and feeding it back

Strange question I know, but if anyone can help out there I'd really appreciate your observations.

Jeremy

1* 3 BLK/WHT PO2SHTC (PRIMARY HEATED
OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER
CONTROL)
Drives Primary HO2S heater With ignition switch ON (II): battery voltage
With fully warmed up engine running: duty
controlled
6* 3 RED PHO2S (PRIMARY HEATED
OXYGEN SENSOR, Sensor 1)
Detects Primary HO2S
sensor (Sensor 1) signal
With throttle fully opened from idle with fully
warmed up engine: about 0.6 V
With throttle quickly closed: below 0.4 V

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You are just seeing the O2 heater code?
Would expect more than that.
A load on the heater circuit should satisfy the ECM as a functioning heater circuit. Don't think heater sense is very smart, probably more a go/nogo circuit. I am not following your chart above. What are you telling us? What codes are you getting?
Was original ECM not repairable?
Mounting an O2 sensor in the exhaust an option?
ECM running in open loop?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,034 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Gen 2 section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts