Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere and can't find a definitive answer. I'd like to pull the ECU fuse on my 2008 CR-V, but there is no such label in the fuse diagram in the owner's manual and everything I find that says "pull the ECU fuse" does not specify what number fuse it is. Is it #6 in the under-hood fuse panel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you suggested a few things already, which I plan to do this weekend, but just to recap, I keep getting the P0606 code whenever the car loses power whilst I am driving. The strange thing is that this does not happen everyday, but when it happens it seems to happen at exactly the same spot just before I enter the highway. I would be driving at 110KM/h as soon as I slow down and move on to a lower gear just before joining the main road it loses power. I pull over, shut the engine down, wait 10 minutes and start it back up again and it drives fine albeit with the Check Engine light still on. It is baffling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On Autozone, they suggested I check the ECM/ECU/PCM fuse amongst other things. So that is the reason I am trying to find it.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
323 Posts
I tried looking in my service manual, it seems the V has several ECUs. Fuse 21 is the PCM
Try finding some other diagnostic procedures for your issue. Autozone is not a reliable source for that sort of thing. Half the time they can't can't even identify the correct part..

·
Registered
6 Posts
First of all, one of the things I did was remove the positive and negative connections from my battery overnight. I also did find fuse 21, removed and placed it back. Since then I have been driving over a week and I have not had any issues yet.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
First of all, one of the things I did was remove the positive and negative connections from my battery overnight. I also did find fuse 21, removed and placed it back. Since then I have been driving over a week and I have not had any issues yet.
Thanks for posting back the fix! Sometimes the ECU will collect false reading & it needs a reset this is how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts