Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side mirror got a tap from another car at some point and it seems to have knocked something out in the mirror. When I start the car the motor that folds the mirror keep going but the mirror doesn't move. The motor won't stop at all and I reckon it's going to burn out if I drive it too far. Anyone know what I should do or how I can disassemble the mirror to disconnect the motor??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well first off it seemed like the motor wasn't kicking in. The passenger side folded but the driver side just stayed put without a sound. Then today as I parked the car I automatically hit the fold button as I always do and the driver mirror folded in but the motor kept turning.

I tried the button again but all that happened was the motor spun in the opposite direction (well that's what it sounded like) so I gave the mirror a helping hand and nothing. But when I start the car now the motor just keeps spinning. I reckon I have to disconnect the power just for now.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would suggest to try to look for the fuse for it. Look at the owner's manual. when the mirrors folded out on their normal position then unhook the fuse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Let me know how it turned out. The last option is to take out the trim & unplug the connector going to the mirror.
Looks like there's no fuse for the wing mirrors. I can't find it in the manual. Granted my manual is in Chinese but there's nothing about mirrors anywhere in either of the fusebox diagrams.

EDIT: After a bit of digging I think it's the HAC fuse that covers the power mirrors but this is also for heated seats and heater control? I know it's not for the AC but would this affect it in anyway?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try to take out the fuse & then try the heated seats see if it works. Let me know.
No joy that knocks out the aircon too. I'm going to pull off the door panel and disconnect it until I get a chance to bring it to my mechanic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the door panel and disconnected the mirror motor. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Thanks for the tips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts