Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A scary story in the news about a guy who was trapped in his 2006 car for 13 hrs until the neighbors found him and the fire dept. got him out. His key fob wasn't working and the electricity was dead, he wasn't able to unlock the doors from the inside.

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/08/i-cant...fter-getting-trapped-in-hot-car-for-13-hours/

They said if he had the car manual, he would've been able to read where there was an "emergency latch" to open the doors from the inside.

Is this an issue w/the CRV? Is there an emergency latch? Couldn't find anything about it in the manual.

AM

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You can use your key (in fob) to manually open your sunroof , lock is behind rear dome light.
Or they could have climbed into trunk opened it and smashed window with the jack/wheel wrench.
I keep seatbelt cutter and glass hammer in all vehicles ive owned.

Besides that, u can push locks open (not electronic)

Lifes too hard to let my honda take me out

·
Registered
425 Posts
A scary story in the news about a guy who was trapped in his 2006 car for 13 hrs until the neighbors found him and the fire dept. got him out. His key fob wasn't working and the electricity was dead, he wasn't able to unlock the doors from the inside.

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/08/i-cant...fter-getting-trapped-in-hot-car-for-13-hours/

They said if he had the car manual, he would've been able to read where there was an "emergency latch" to open the doors from the inside.

Is this an issue w/the CRV? Is there an emergency latch? Couldn't find anything about it in the manual.

AM
OMG, I'd rather not comment on the guy in the video, (it won't be nice)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
"Is this an issue with the CRV?" Hum. Didn't take long for the 1-800-Dewey-Cheatum-&Howe to circle around. If I could just invent a pill that would cure SFB syndrome.:snork:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I think with most cars if you pull out the headrests the two metal columns can break the door glass You can hold the one of the metal post and swing the second ones tip into the glass and break a side window. If I remember correctly it's not easy as these thing were not designed to do this but people have used them successfully.

I also won't comment on this guy but 13 hours was a lot of time to find the obvious.

Rob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Its been said that no matter how "fool proof" you make something the fools will always over power you. Or, should that be "the fool's lawyer will always file a suit against you, no matter how stupid the client was"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts