Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
1593535903788.jpeg

Ta-da! There it is, just sitting there like it’s not bothering anybody. :D Thing is, I couldn’t squeeze my hand down there for anything when I was searching around for it yesterday. I only broke two of those little white clips - the ones to the right and left of the clip that holds in the Honda emblem. I can’t find those on Amazon.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Touring
51 Posts
I love a happy ending.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Look how easy it is to get to those horns now.
Even I might be able to replace them. And I have the same screwdriver.

Seriously, how long did it take you to remove and replace the bumper?

Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Haven’t replaced it yet (I do have to attempt to do some real work today :ROFLMAO:), but it took maybe a little less than an hour of very slow, careful work, checking the YouTube video a number of times before taking each step. It’s a good video, but care is still needed. Now that I’ve done it I expect it would take about 30 minutes to do while still being as careful. Hoping the reassembly is not too difficult.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made the classic newb blunder. I was doing the College Hills horn upgrade on my 2017 when I inadvertently left the screwdriver I used to pop the retaining clips in a bad spot. I made a wrong move and the screwdriver dropped into the space now opened by the removal of that top cover, right in front of the radiator down to who knows where. :eek::mad::cry:

Two questions. First, if this is where it fell, is it possible the car is unsafe to drive? Second, is there any way I can retrieve this thing without pulling the whole bottom front of the car apart?

The horn install, BTW, went fine. I was doing this because on Friday I am leaving on a 1,000 mile drive, and didn’t want that measly horn in case I needed to use it. I really don’t want to get on that drive with a screwdriver sitting somewhere in the engine compartment. :oops:

Last question - what’s Honda going to charge me if I have to take it to them to have my dumb mistake dealt with?
So I'm guessing the horns weren't very loud on the 2017's? I just bought a 2020 and thought the horn was adequate, anyone know if they upgraded it in the later models?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The PIAA horns offered in the College Hills kit are way better than what’s on the ‘17 at least. If you go to that thread, on the first page (I think) someone posted a YouTube link comparing the before and after.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Done and done. Everything’s buttoned back up, except for one of the black retaining clips that broke when I pulled it. I have more arriving tomorrow from Amazon so that’s no biggie. A 15 minute job turned into almost 3 hours across two days (counting the time I spent looking for the screwdriver). :rolleyes: After the care I took replacing the head gasket on my old 1976 Toyota Celica Sport you’d think I’d be more careful. But I was younger and smarter back then I guess.

Thanks to all for the help. This site is a great resource for CRV owners!

Let the journey commence! (On Friday 😄)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Done and done. Everything’s buttoned back up, except for one of the black retaining clips that broke when I pulled it. I have more arriving tomorrow from Amazon so that’s no biggie. A 15 minute job turned into almost 3 hours across two days (counting the time I spent looking for the screwdriver). :rolleyes: After the care I took replacing the head gasket on my old 1976 Toyota Celica Sport you’d think I’d be more careful. But I was younger and smarter back then I guess.

Thanks to all for the help. This site is a great resource for CRV owners!

Let the journey commence! (On Friday 😄)
Congrats!! You are now an official front bumper removal expert, with minors in both horn replacement & screwdriver removal! Folks will now bombard you with more questions about all 3 procedures! Prepare for the onslaught!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
well you got a congradulations on that, I been there and done that years ago.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Congrats!! You are now an official front bumper removal expert, with minors in both horn replacement & screwdriver removal! Folks will now bombard you with more questions about all 3 procedures! Prepare for the onslaught!
“I’d like to thank the Academy....” :ROFLMAO:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts